Saturday, August 31, 2019

Politics Corner, August 31st



I went to the farmers market this morning expecting a slow news day. I found many varieties of mushrooms (four to my liking), carrots, peppers, Japanese eggplant, enough apples for a pie, onions, plums and more. I will be ashamed if I don't use them all. I took some calm photographs which I hope will ease the news that I found on my return. Because of course, I stopped but the world did not.


Photo mine




It is still too soon to discuss sensible gun control. This time in Texas. Thoughts and prayers of course. Now might be a good time to discuss with your Senator just what your thoughts are and what you pray for. [The Dallas Morning News]


Photo mine


Israel plays at going to war again and why not? The President of the United States stands behind them. [Reuters] [NPR]


Brazilian President Bolsonaro lets the Amazon Rainforest burn and why not? The President of the United States stands behind him.  [Independant]


Proroguing? No, the people of the UK do not stand behind Boris Johnson. [BBC News]


Photo mine


Trump worries about one of his properties while golfing at another of his properties. This is nothing new. [Associated Press] [Trump Golf Count]


Tiffany Trump will surely regret being noticed. [CNN]


I'll leave you with good news: the Notorious RBG will be ready for the October term of the US Supreme Court. [NPR]


Photo mine

Political discussion welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment