Friday, August 30, 2024

Politics Corner August 30

 

 
photo mine  (beware of  Harlan)

It's my brother's birthday today. He was the one that I was brought up to fight with. Even before my sister was born and he was moved into my room we were the ones who bothered each other the most.

I don't know why it started because it could have really been just nothing but there was a summer day at the softball field by the beach in our neighborhood. All of the kids were there in a circle watching. We were both so angry that I don't think that we would have stopped until one of us was dead. And I can't remember at all how that stopped.

I could tell you so many things from my point of view that would make him look bad or me good like the time I was in charge and taking care of my sister and my bro threw a butter knife at me so hard that it penetrated my thigh muscle. Still got the scar.

We're still at loggerheads over a lot of things - don't get me started on the 8th COVID vaccine that I got today versus I think none? But he's mine. Not even my mom (who's a saint, of course) can talk smack about him to me.

I hope you've got someone in your life like that.


Political Discussion Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment