Thursday, January 18, 2024

Politics Corner January 18

 


photo mine (beware of Harlan)

Everything out of Uvalde is worse than the last thing that I've heard out of Uvalde. [Associated Press]

I just can't give a proper illustration. this is heartbreaking enough
via Associated Press

Netanyahu has refused a deal with the other devil to bring peace. The US is offering normalization of relations with Saudi Arabia (keep in mind that always comes with a price) to Israel if they commit to a two-state resolution. A two-state resolution is the only peaceful way out of this mess and Israel would get the bonus of the Saudis as a buffer against Iran. Netanyahu is saying no because he's a stubborn jackass and more importantly if there was no war then his government would fall apart and be buried. I don't trust MBS just like I don't trust Bibi - neither has ever earned trust - but right now it might just mean that fewer people die. That used to be something that mattered. [Times of Israel]


via Times of Israel

DON'T SAY TRANS! The Supremes don't want you to look under their dresses. [Vox]


J6 nonprofit is cheating insurrectionists and is cheating you and me. Surprise? [NPR]

their Lord and Savior
via NPR

Did you not hear me say SHUT THE FUCK UP! [Salon]


via Salon

Disregard the smile. As Clyde Bruckman would say "I'm not smiling I'm wincing." Mike Johnson may have disappeared in a puff of smoke between the time that I write this and it posts. [Vanity Fair]

Oh, Dems in disarray.

how big are you chances Mike?
via Vanity Fair

No day is complete with something terrible out of Texas (sorry Mark!) Today it's a bus company that is upset that the city of Chicago is not letting them dump migrants without proper clothing or even shoes to wear wherever the hell they want to in the city of Chicago without even a warning. So they are suing Chicago.

You would thing that with most of the nation in the grip of an arctic freeze - and since I'm just a little bit north of it I can guarantee that if you are dumped off of a bus without proper clothing and no shoes you will die.If you can figure out out where the warming stations are you will not make it there in time.

But they are suing Chicago and not Texas.  [NBC Chicago]

oh no, I'm not illustrating that

Political discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment