Monday, September 26, 2022

Politics Corner September 26th

   

Via Visit Milwaukee 


I've just taken all my meds for the night (including an anti-viral and a steroid inhaler to fight COVID). I have a surprising variety of medications. One thing that I do not want at home is any sort of opioid. They work. But I also like them. And, if taken for any length of time, addiction is almost guaranteed. I was relieved to receive a dilaudid drip when I had pancreatitis. The pain was excruciating and sharp. As the pain eased I was stepped down to oxycontin. There was no way I would leave the hospital with oxycontin. I was stepped down further to tramadol which is in the opiod family but behaves differently and is non-addictive. I had doctors that were concerned about addiction. Many doctors give in to patients demands for more oxy or whatever until it's too late. Many patients string this out until they can't and then they rely on street drugs. This has been going on for a long time. I know from personal experience that there are not enough beds in detox centers or rehabs. Biden is finally doing something big about this. [CNBC]



Via CNBC


The traitor is texting from inside the White House. [CNN]



Via CNN

Political discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment