Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Politics Corner September 13th

  

Via Visit Milwaukee


Who wants to commit political suicide? Apparently one of only two major parties in the US wants to go down in flames. I know plenty of women who were borderline before that are incensed now. [NBC]


Of course the National Archives can't be certain that they've recovered all of the documents that Trump stole. The empty classified file folders should ring some bells. I don't know what good getting a statement from Trump would be since he'll lie about a Big Mac. Surely someone can figure out where the holes are. Will they? [Associated Press]


I went to the west side the other day and I was literally the only person who wasn't working who wore a mask. I've got plenty of issues that you've all heard too much about but I need that mask. No one bothered me about it (although I couldn't tell if a latino guy was staring at my Rosie the Riveter mask or my Gloria Trevi t-shirt and trying to cruise me). But you know who else needs you to stop pretending that the pandemic is over? Healthcare workers. They are under ridiculous strain. Many of them have died. Almost all of them have been sick. And we're going on pretending everything is normal and they can't even provide the standard of care they swore to. [CNN Business}

this is not what nurses are anymore, if they ever were

Inflation is still up which means that we are still giving corporations more of our money. The Federal Resserve response is to raise interest rates again so we give more money to the banks. This is a self-fulfilling prophecy. [CNBC]


Political discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment