Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Occasional cooks: the search for inspiration

Here is your weekly thread to talk anything and everything food. 

Share what you're cooking this week, ask for tips or recipes for a dish, tell us about your meals out.

Via The Guardian

Just not feeling it today - none of the recipes or articles I am seeing are interesting me. 

The recipe pictured is Nigel Slater’s recipe for crumbed halloumi with basil, avocado cream. It does look good (because halloumi is always good), and suitable for both hot and cold weather.

But is it just me, or are the Guardian's food photos really uninspiring? I usually try and avoid the clichés about British food - I've eaten some great meals there, and some very mediocre ones in 'foodie paradises'. But all the Guardian's food pics are just so wan.

Clearly, I am in a Mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment