Saturday, April 10, 2021

Politics Corner, April 10th

  

Via National Park Service


I need to travel. It opens up my world. And if I stay away long enough it makes me appreciate home. But even in mid-May when my vaccine will take full effect I won't be able to get on a plane. I'm certain that just walking into an airport will put me in a state of panic which would only intensify as soon as I board a plane. A flight to Phoenix to visit my family is far too long for me to wear a mask while panicking. There's no way I could fly to Europe. Mexico would probably require two airports.


I know that a lot of people say let the anti-maskers and people who gather in large groups just get COVID and thin the herd. That might be okay if they weren't ordering food from same places as you. But in the meantime I fear that they are preventing herd immunity. If I can't feel safe in the grocery store then I'm trapped at home.


photo mine

Political discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment