Sunday, April 12, 2020

Totally Tunes: We're Gonna Pump *clap* You Up!

Exercise! Who doesn't love a good workout? Well, I don't, but still, let's totally pretend I do for the sake of this article's main theme, otherwise I'd sound like one of those Buzzfeed 100%-dead-inside writers who can pretend to be jazzed about a dump Kylie Jenner took a picture of. Anyways, any good workout routine needs a proper soundtrack, because otherwise it's just an endless cacophony of sounds of you grunting, sweat slowly oozing off your pores, and the ungodly noises those workout machines do. Also, if you're in a gym, add the grunts of those working out around you, the chatter of the dude that's always awkwardly pretending he's Jake Gyllenhaal with the ladies, and the buzz of the music everyone around you is playing to themselves. I don't like exercising.

Let's get physical via Pexels
So, yeah, I may not be a person who exercises, but I just so happen to have a playlist of workout songs in case I ever become someone who does. Here are some of its songs, which may help you, person who enjoys being around those machines that do ungodly noises, in your fitness ritual. Let's kick it off with some DEVO:



This Eurovision bop ended up being such a bop that it became the official song of the French Team in the 2010 World Cup:


This retro-throwback tune is relentless without being too much, ideal for those who don't want to go full exertion on the treadmill:


On the other hand, if you DO want to go full exertion, I have just the song for you!


If it's on the soundtrack of most of those sports videogames, it's probably a tune worth the runnin':


I even have some obscure bonus tracks at the tip of the hat, this one courtesy of the always-good-for-working-out band The Hives:


And I close for the day with some good ol' badass Raconteurs music...


So now I'm asking you, which are your favorite songs to workout to? Do you have a workout playlist or you just really enjoy listening to those ungodly machine noises?

No comments:

Post a Comment