Saturday, February 1, 2020

SNL Live Thread 2/1/20: J.J. Watt and Luke Combs

Hello Everybody! Welcome to tonight's pre Super Bowl edition of SNL. I have no idea who J.J. Watt is, (ok that's not true, I do know he's a football player) but this obviously follows in the great tradition of Eli Manning (whose own SNL from January of 2012 is being rerun tonight as the Vintage SNL which had Rihana as the musical guest) and Peyton Manning who hosted in 2007, and Tom Brady who hosted in 2005. Football people hosting SNL fever!!!! (Yeah i don't know either)


Country singer Luke Combs is the musical guest tonight. He was born in 1990! This has nothing to do with anything, just I was googling him and i stumbled across that factoid. JJ Watt meanwhile was born in '89 and oh plays for the Houston Texans which is something I now know. (Thanks Google) OK well that's all the pre-show monologue I can think of to say here. Hopefully it'll be an ok enough show...I know the bar is set fairly low when the show has on sports figures as hosts, but it's not impossible that they can do comedy. I remember Charles Barkley being pretty funny on the show the couple times he hosted. (I think???)

I don't know if i'm gonna be here or not...trying to decide if i wanna do an 11:00 showing of Parasite...its playing at a place near the bar where i left my bank card the other night....so i gotta go back out there and pick it up anyways (although its not like they're gonna give my bank card to someone who's not me right? I would imagine its safe enough there)  Decisions, decisions! ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment