Monday, January 27, 2020

Sportsball, January 26th RIP Kobe Bryant



Were there other sports stories this week? Sure. But I forgot all about them yesterday.


Via Giphy


RIP Kobe Bryant. He was so good that he made it look easy. [ESPN]



Via Giphy




Via Giphy

Did anyone watch the Pro Bowl? I forgot it was happening. [NFL]



Via Giphy

Tiger Woods almost, almost, almost sank a 141 yard shot. [Yahoo! Sports]




It's also Holocaust Remembrance Day. I haven't read it for a while but I recommend Art Spiegelman's Maus. Maybe this year I'll read Tadeusz Borowski's This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen. I'm not sure I'm ready for it yet. Borowski was proto-Hannah Arendt with the banality of evil. I know that's it's important to remember that all of those millions of people in concentration camps were just that - people. But grounding that in stories of daily life in hell....


Puppy Uppers

Via makeagif

Via Giphy

Via Giphy

Via Giphy

Via Giphy

Via Giphy

Discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment