Monday, October 7, 2019

Sportsball, October 7th



Any team that's still in the MLB playoffs has earned the right to be there. I've got family rooting for the Nats and the Astros. I lean toward the Nats but I've got reasonable expectations. I'll let you make your cases down in the comments.


Via New Zealand All Blacks




The Badger game didn't make me so happy this week because I kept feeling sorry for Kent State. Following that up by watching Ohio State take apart Michigan State didn't help at all. So I needed a sports pick me up and the Rugby World Cup was right there. The 71-9 final score in favor of world number one New Zealand hides the fact that the bulk of the first half was close and thirty minutes into the match challenger Namibia was down by one point. [World Rugby]





There was no action at the top of the AP football poll but OSU jumped up to tie Georgia for 3rd. [ESPN]





Is it even a headline anymore when Simone Biles dominates international competition? She added two more named skills to her arsenal as she led the US team in competition at the World Gymnastics Championships. [The Guardian]





Meanwhile in Qatar, the US fared well at the World Athletics Championships, leading in medals and placing. They even did well in sprints that they haven't won since Usain Bolt started racing. [IAAF] [AP]


Puppy Uppers







Discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment