Monday, September 23, 2019

πŸ… Feed Me: Lemon Balm Tincture

Happy Monday Y’all **waves**

Hope everyone has a great & productive week, but even more so I hope this week pases quickly. Lol

Anyhoo, since my lemon balm needed a haircut I decided to find  a new use than what I’ve been using it for (baking/cooking). I found a recipe for Lemon Balm tincture to be used in glass medicinal bottles with droppers. There’s a lot of forgiveness with this recipe so don’t get caught up with the exact amounts.

Basically fill a clean sterilized mason jar with enough lemon balm to tightly fit container. Lightly muddle then add 80 - 100 proof vodka. Store in a dark cool area and shake every few days. Let the tincture infuse for 4 to 6 weeks. Some folk like to “refresh” lemon balm leaves around the half way mark to get a stronger herbal flavor. I might do that ....

Anyhoo here’s the recipe (in link) and the benefits/uses of this tincture.

Enjoy!
🌺



https://www.growforagecookferment.com/lemon-balm-tincture/


 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment