Friday, September 6, 2019

Chris March Has Died

Via Twitter
Sad news for the Project Runway community: Beloved fan favorite Chris March has died of a heart attack, according to Page Six.

In June 2017, the designer suffered a debilitating fall in his apartment and had to be put in a medically-induced coma for two months. When he awoke, he was paralyzed in both legs from the knees down, as well as in his right hand and arm.
 In 2018, he shared an update with fans, writing in a statement to EW: “This has been a long and extremely difficult journey, physically and emotionally. And I have a long way to go, just like Dorothy. I could not have survived without my family and friends. I deeply appreciate everyone who has donated to the Go Fund Me page.”
Continued March at the time: “I have good days and bad days and the worst days you can imagine, but I still have my brain, and for that miracle I am forever grateful. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and encouragement.”
He is the third designer from the show to pass away prematurely. Mychael Knight (S3) died in October 2017 at age 39; Wendy Pepper (S1) passed away the following month at 53.

I was saving this until next week: Chris' final collection (decoy) as presented at Fashion Week for Project Runway.


RIP Chris.

ETA:


(Maria was the WWE Diva whose winning look was designed by Chris during the 'Raw Talent' challenge.)


No comments:

Post a Comment