Sunday, August 4, 2024

Politics Corner August 4

       


photo mine  (beware of  Harlan)

Ruben Gallego is securing Republican votes in Arizona. The McCain voters took Kari Lake seriously when she told them to leave the Party. They're still GOP but they're standing standing up for Gallego and condemning Lake and her MAGAt conspiracy mongering.  [Associated Press]  https://apnews.com/article/republicans-ruben-gallego-arizona-senate-kari-lake-cf6aa9c085fe71b3f39d5c743c7941ef


via Associated Press 

Idaho wants your kids to be dumb. This is the reverse of when my mom took me upstairs to the adult section of the library. She made sure the librarians knew that I was allowed to check out anything that I wanted.

I had already worked my way through Dr. Seuss and was deep into Oz by the time I was in first grade. The sweet old lady that was my teacher didn't believe that I could read and didn't want to let me check out Dorothy and the Wizard until I opened the book and started reading aloud.

My parents couldn't possibly keep up with buying books to feed my reading habit. As was I was bored in school. I was too young to promote ahead. If it wasn't for the public and school libraries my mind would have turned to mush.

Idaho has a state law that mandates that any book that receives a single complaint be removed to a restricted, adult only section. Anyone under eighteen is only allowed in with a parent. Not everyone's parents are like my mom.  [Upworthy]  https://www.upworthy.com/mom-goes-viral-after-sharing-her-experience-with-idahos-baffling-new-public-library-law


via Upworthy 

Political Discussion Welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment