Saturday, August 3, 2024

Politics Corner August 3

       


photo mine  (beware of  Harlan)

Politics Corner will have been at a pool party all day. It looks to be perfect weather. Sunny and low 80s, maybe a bit warmer since we're heading west to Greenfield. I'll be baking in the sun all day. My partner says this is the best pool party because when we're all in the water it looks like a pool full of hippos. I used to stick out but now, while I'm not really close to as rotund as everyone else, as I lose weight nothing snaps back like it's supposed to. Everything sags sadly in the wrong direction. I'm writing this early in the morning even though I will hopefully be home long before it's due. I figure I will be like a lizard basking in the sun all day and the lights are out and I'll shut down.

Politics below the fold.


via US News Travel


Meanwhile, Politics. So Trump claims that he will debate Harris and then reels off a list of outrageous demands. No more ABC, it must be Fox - I don't think he's realized yet that Fox has pivoted to a Trumpless future. The topper? Instead of a room with candidates and the moderators he wants a packed arena. He wants to turn it into one of his Nazi rallies. I hope Harris doesn't agree to that. Besides, who's going to pay for the arena? Not Trump.

I think that it's a dumb move by Trump. If he stuck with ABC he could do his usual crybaby routine about the press. The arena would backfire spectacularly. Sure his cult will show up but they make him look bad. And Kamala's people are fired up and could likely outnumber the MAGAts - and they won't embarrass Harris. Fox knows he's drowning and they're hedging their bets and like the venture capitalists they are not going with a LOSER like Trump. His numbers will go down after the Dem Convention and he's going to drag a lot of the down ballot with him.

That's what I'm going to be thinking about while floating in the pool.


via Ingwelala

Political Discussion Welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment