Monday, August 26, 2024

Politics Corner August 26

 


photo mine  (beware of  Harlan)

Politics Corner found out today that a dear friend has uterine cancer and it's spread far and wide. What really the hell have we been paying these doctors for to find find out when we can't do anything anymore? 

And another friend died yesterday.  I met him through spoken word and he was always an oddball so right up my alley. He was battery salesman but he had a beef with modern technology. His house was full of manual typewriters in various states of disrepair. He gave in eventually and was equally as good at rebuilding computers.

I met his wife when she was a recent divorcee. She'd never really had the chance to define herself before. It was always everything that was expected of her. She was free but she didn't know what to do with that. She became a painter for a while and I'm immortalized on at least one canvas.

I have no idea what I can give to either of my friends. It's the end of the world. I'm with you whatever that's worth. 

Political Discussion Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment