Thursday, December 28, 2023

Politics Corner December 28

 


photo mine (beware of Harlan)

It's mostly a slow news week as long as you're not at war or in a mostly hopeless migration. I'm prepping for another trip and I'm not going to dig too deep tonight.

Nikki Haley made a remarkable unforced error yesterday. Or did she? It took twelve hours for her to admit that slavery caused the US Civil War. For twelve hours she wanted America to believe that she thought that slavery had nothing to do with it. She was the Governor of South Carolina. Home of the most notorious slave market. The first state to secede, with slavery listed as the first reason for secession. Home to Fort Sumpter, site of the first battle of the Civil War.

She wants to be the acceptable face of insurrection.  [Associated Press]


via X
Every time I think that I've seen the bottom of the insurrection, the bottom drops out again. Just a day after I found out that my neighbor and former US Senator died I find out that one of my current Senators was not just stupidly sympathetic to Trump's attempt to retain power but was actively involved in making certain that the fake Electoral documents got into Pence's hands in time for Pence to submit the wrong list to Congress.

Now Ron Johnson has never been accused of being intelligent but this is treason. [CNN]


Political discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment