Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Politics Corner December 27th

 


photo mine (beware of Harlan)

My neighbor died today. It wasn't exactly unexpected. The official word was "a short illness." I've been watching him deteriorate for a long time now so I don't know when they marked the beginning of that short illness. I should be talking politics since he was a US Senator for a couple of decades and some of that time include the couple of decades we lived down the hall from each other. But when he was at home he was deeply private and I respected that. I was often asked about him and people were disappointed that I had no dirt on him. I did have nice things to say that he didn't want said; Everyone knew that he was responsible for keeping the Bucks in Milwaukee more than once. But he didn't even want other people in this building know that he put up half the money to replace all the windows in this skyscraper because he wasn't the only one who lived here since is was built but the others did not have his money. He was a nice, soft-spoken guy. He was never a typical politician. He never had to brag. His reputation preceded him.

RIP Herb Kohl.


via NBA

Political discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment