Monday, July 17, 2023

Politics Corner July 17th

 


photo mine

Hopefully I'm home by now and maybe the rain will have stopped. I'm going to be exhausted but likely happy. I love my in-laws. Language can be difficult sometimes. The ones that speak English speak it better than I speak Spanish. The others, well we seem to communicate anyway. The nephew that I will have seen? I remember when he was a little kid and I stayed at their house in Chiapas. He came into the room and I was watching The Simpsons en espanol. He tried to explain how to get SAP. I knew that. I told him that I knew all the jokes by heart and they sounded fresh in another language. That same trip I had brought The Tales of Beedle the Bard and his older sister was reading all the Harry Potter but that wasn't translated yet. I left my copy with her. Lately I've been bonding over Ghibli with the nephew. He'd probably fit in well here.


Political discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment