Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Occasional cooks: Pizza Part II: The Soggy Bottom Nightmare

Here is your weekly thread to talk anything and everything food. 

Share what you're cooking this week, ask for tips or recipes for a dish, tell us about your meals out.

The results of my image search for soggy pizza were a little too revolting, so I skipped them...

We've talked home-made pizza before, but I'm looking for tips for my soggy pizza issues. The last pizza I attempted at home, I was literally tipping water off into the sink, and then trying to crisp it up again.

Fairly sure the culprit is water from the toppings, but I can't work out how to eliminate this...

These posts explain the common issues:

Your oven is not hot enough - seems more relevant to the dough not cooking, which is not my problem. 

Too many toppings - I don't think I add more toppings than would be on a professionally made pizza.

Your toppings have too much water content - well then, what do pro-pizza places do with their vegetables to eliminate the water? Do they actually leave them to dry a bit - cut them a few hours in advance?

Wrong cheese - ok, so fresh bocconcini on my last pizza was obviously a mistake, I'll take responsibility for that one.

Have you dealt with soggy pizzas before?

No comments:

Post a Comment