Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Occasional cooks: ramen

Here is your weekly thread to talk anything and everything food. 

Share what you're cooking this week, ask for tips or recipes for a dish, tell us about your meals out.  

Via How Sweet Eats

I think it was Horsey Mike who suggested adding a fried egg to the top of some instant ramen - well, I tried it last week, and it was amazing!

I left the yolk runny, and as I ate it, the egg broke up and mixed through the noodles, and almost disappeared, but the result was so delicious, and also much more filling.

Well, I had a five pack of ramen, and several eggs, so yes, I ate this several days in a row.

Via This Healthy Table

But instant ramen is probably not great for you - lots of sodium and preservatives, it seems.

So now I've been looking for some easy ramen recipes. The top picture is a full recipe, whereas the bottom one is a seasoning - essentially stock cubes and some seasonings.

Does anyone make ramen from scratch? Recommending recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment