Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Politics Corner August 30th

  

Via Visit Milwaukee


It's my brother's birthday. We don't talk much about politics but we're pretty close to being on the same page. We do not talk about politics at my mother's house because that's only allowed between my partner and hers. Mine always wins. She's amused, but she hates it if I argue with her guy.

I fought with my brother constantly as kids. I remember one day in particular when for some stupid or no reason at all we were both determined to kill each other on home base at the empty softball field by the beach. I don't know who tired first or if we were pulled apart.

No one is allowed to take on my brother but me. He's mine. My mom made us share a room far longer than necessary because that's how she built her bond with her sister. I was so grateful when he got a bigger room and I was solo. But he's mine and he always will be. I just don't know if I'll ever forgive him for recording (ridiculously loud!) a song at the end of one of my cassettes. I think it was Beggar's Banquet. The first time I found out I had put the tape on to fall asleep and then suddenly



Political discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment