Friday, June 18, 2021

Politics Corner, June 18th

 

Via National Park Service


Social life has returned. Last night I had dinner with a large group of nurses and techs. I knew better than to talk politics since most of them are Republican. What I didn't expect was Lois. A retired nurse who is convinced that masks don't work, is not vaccinated, and kept trying to tell me that Fauci and Birx had been arrested. I hope I have better luck tonight at the Mah Jongg party with doctors and nurses. I don't (and won't) play Mah Jongg but I was told my presence was required. These people have worked with my partner through the pandemic but I guess my scarcity has turned into a valuable commodity.


In the meantime we're also celebrating Juneteenth Day early and nationally for the first time. I imagine that most places will still be celebrating tomorrow since the 19th fell on a Saturday this year. [Wikipedia]


Via Wikipedia

Political discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment