Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Occasional cooks: Apple and cheddar cobbler

Here is your weekly thread to talk anything and everything food. 

Share your cooking this week, ask for tips or recipes for a dish, tell us about your meals out.

Apple and cheddar cobbler via goodfood.com.au

I've made approximately a thousand and one crumbles but never a cobbler. I think I will give this apple and cheddar cobbler a try.

Is cheddar on apple pie or cobbler truly a common thing? Here, it sounded strange enough that I remember in Cinema Studies at uni, when Travis Bickle requests cheese on his pie, our lecturer cited that as proof that Bickle was an odd bird. 

Now that the internet is a real thing, I know that it's not just him. Is this a standard option, like cream or ice cream, or a bit more of an acquired taste?

Honestly, though, in this recipe, it's that gooey caramelly apple that is really appealing to me.

A short post this week, with a heads up for next week, which will be a bit of an essay, with homework included.

No comments:

Post a Comment