Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Occasional cooks: puftaloons with golden syrup

 

Here is your weekly thread to talk anything and everything food. 

Share your cooking this week, ask for tips or recipes for a dish, tell us about your meals out. 

via goodfood.com.au

What are puftaloons?! I don't know, I had never heard of them, but the name caught my eye as I browsed recipes, and they sound good.

Basically a scone that you fry in butter, then cover in syrup. Sounds good!

Self-raising flour is regular flour with baking powder added - to make your own, mix one cup flour and two teaspoons baking powder and sift together.

Light treacle might be the closest to golden syrup. It's made from cane sugar, and comes in two varieties - a really thick one that you use in cooking, and a much lighter one that the Brits use on toast. I guess this recipe wants the second one, but I'm a little confused, as it is not that common here.

What's everyone cooking this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment