Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Occasional cooks - Welcome to your new weekly food open thread

 Let's see how this experiment goes!

Via Goodfood.com.au

This thread will be a weekly chance to talk anything and everything food. 

Share your cooking this week, ask for tips or recipes for a dish, tell us about your meals out.

The title came about because, while I like to cook, I end up only doing it very irregularly. I frequently resolve to start cooking properly or more often, and then I drift back to making toast for dinner.

So when you see me sharing a recipe, it's because I am both boasting that I actually cooked something good, and also trying to motivate myself to do it again.

My recipe for this week is Sunday-night eggs. This is a great easy dinner - cook some onion, tomato. capsicum and anything else tasty to a nice consistency, then crack in an egg or two and cook until the egg reaches your preferred setness. I skipped the pesto in this recipe, as I don't like the consistency. This recipe is for four people - cooking for myself, I halved most ingredients, but only did one egg.

The first time I made this it was amazing. Everything cooked down to a lovely jammy texture. The next couple of times, I have not been able to repeat it, it's been a bit too watery, and then the steam cooked the eggs much faster so they came out set through rather than a bit runny. But I will keep trying!



No comments:

Post a Comment