Thursday, August 13, 2020

ADverse: Mash Up



Mash ups of one sort or another have a long history in advertising. Reese's built an entire brand off of "You've got chocolate in my peanut butter! You've got peanut butter in my chocolate!" Sometimes contrast can be the brand itself. But most times the contrast is meant to set off the brand.

There's definitely a slobs versus snobs vibe going on in the new Alexa ad. Although that looks to be a rough and low rent version of Amadeus. The guy in the lawn chair is certainly a slob. His approval of Donna Summer is somewhat of a surprise.

They use two different songs that I love. I love them for very different reasons. And they manage to make both sound bad. But now I want to hear an orchestra play "I Feel Love".





Discussion welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment