Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Table Talk: Let’s Argue About Regional Burger Chains

Okay, I’m not going to argue, but you’re free to. I grew up in Steak n’ Shake country and while I’ve always enjoyed it they can be hit and miss, and I’ve never told anyone they’re missing out on the greatest thing ever.

Photo by Marta Dzedyshko from Pexels


The problem with the hype is that it is hard for something like a burger chain to ever live up to it. My friend is so in love with Shake Shack that there’s no way it will live up to his fawning when I finally have it.

I was out West last week and I finally had In-N-Out. I went in with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. It’s a damn good burger, but what makes that place great is the speed and efficiency. The folks behind the counter are on it. I read that they are all corporately owned. They don’t franchise so they can keep a collar on quality control.

I also had Fatburger while I was out there. Enjoyed that one too, though that was at the end of the night in Las Vegas so my judgement may have been a bit off.

So, what’s your burger chain of choice and how much do the fries matter in the decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment